Vegan Carrot Cake
Who doesn’t love carrot cake?! I think there is acutally nobody on this planet who doesn’t like carrot cake! For me it is a go-to recipe that everyone loves! Especially around Easter a lot of people make carrot cakes and are looking for a nice recipe. So maybe this is the recipe for you?
I am so glad that I finally got the time to share another recipe on the blog and I think a VEGAN carrot cake is the perfect one for it! I am trying to do more for ONE CUP OF SOULFOOD but there is so much going on that sometimes there is just not enough time to do it all! But at least I finally got to it and I hope you will enjoy it!
For what occasion or when are you making carrot cake? We usually make carrot cakes when we picked up a big bag of carrots from our local farmer and don’t know what to do with all of them! A carrot cake is then definitely on the list! What we love about it so much is that this cake is so moist because of the carrots and it is just too yummy! All guest from young to old will love this recipe and will come back to visit you for a piece of cake 🙂 !
What are you guys planing for Easter? Are you meeting up with your family or how are the restrictions in your country? We still don’t know what will be possible on Easter and how high the Corona incidence will be. Therefore we will plan all of it spontaneously. I think that is the best way to do it at the moment but there will be for sure some baked goods! Maybe this carrot cake?
If you guys are giving this recipe a try, please let me know if you liked it! I think it is a great recipe and so worth it to give it a shot.
Vegan carrot cake
- 250 g shredded carrots
- 3 flax eggs vegan
- 80 ml melted coconut oil
- 20 g maple syrup
- 30 g agave syrup
- 230 g applesauce
- 1 teaspoon apple vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g brown sugar
- 60 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200 g planted-based milk
- 170 g almond flour or shredded almond
- 250 g flour
- 110 g shopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the flax eggs. Add oil, syrup, applesauce, apple vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix it all.
- Add brown sugar, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and shredded carrots. Mix it.
- Pour the plant-based milk into it and stir it in.
- Mix the almond flour and flour in it.
- Stir the shopped walnuts in.
- Coat a baking tray with butter and flour. Fill in the dough.
- Bake it for at least 50 minutes. Test with a toothpick if nothing sticks to it anymore.
- Let it cool down and enjoy it!
Did you give this recipe a try? If so, we would love to get some feedback from you! Just comment below, we really would appreciate your opinion. And if you took some pictures, just tag us on Instagram.